Last week I brought you this post about vegan handbags that proved to be quite popular. It was great bringing awareness to others about vegan products. I have been online window shopping again, and today I have eight of the best vegan shoes and boots for you.
A few readers over on Facebook asked about the difference between vegan and regular products. Vegan products do not use any animal materials at all, including glues. In many cases they are also made from recycled materials and using environmentally friendly practices.
Your initial thoughts when the words ‘vegan shoes’ are said may make visions of clunky hippy-looking foot ware come to mind. Thankfully, as with handbags, vegan shoes and boots are now very fashion forward.
1. Emiko Boot in black from Novacas – $120 US (on sale). These boots would be incredibly versatile and would look great with skinny jeans or black pants. The zipper and fabric gives them a little bit of a biker vibe – pair them with your favourite vegan leather jacket and a funky scarf for a cute weekend look.
2. Vizzano Black Slip On Boot – $89 AUD. Made in Brazil from synthetic and plant based products, these boots would be the perfect addition to any Winter wardrobe. I love the gold buckle detail.
3. Violet Brown Boot – $120 US (on sale). Pair these brown faux-suede wedges with a skirt, dress or pants. Wedges are comfy enough to wear all day, either in the office or casually on the weekend.
4. Matilda Boot – $267.53 US | 5. Amanda Boot – $237.81. Bourgeois Boheme, or BoBo as they’re affectionately known, are designed in London and made in Portugal in ethical factories handpicked by the company’s owners. The shoes and boots are made using traditional techniques. Bourgeois Boheme is operated with an attitude of compassion towards humans, animals and the environment.
6. Zette Nina Ballet Flat – $147 AUD (on sale). Zette vegan shoes have a very fashionable flair. They come in a variety of cute patterns and metallic shades. You will have all eyes on your feet! Zette’s products are handcrafted in Italy from both vegan and environmentally friendly materials.
7. Moleca Mary Jane – $80 AUD. These Moleca heels are made in Brazil and I love their eye catching colour. The mid-height heel makes them perfect for work or play.
8. Adelaide Vegan Shoe – $185.79 US. These BoBo flats, made from faux Italian leather, are eye catching. The left and right shoes have different designs, meaning in people will be looking at your feet trying to figure out what is going on. The lotus flower also brings a touch of zen.
There are so many great options out there for sustainable, animal friendly fashion, and I will share more with you over the coming months.
Which vegan shoes or boots are your favourites? Would you consider buying vegan fashion?